Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

He Undid Me

This is who I am.
I am a mirror so that others can look and see themselves, all of themselves. The parts they deny, the pasts they hold on to, the secrets they keep.
I reflect back the hard stuff, and motivate people to move past it.
This is who I am.
Yet you, you motivate me towards a complete selfishness unlike anything I've ever known before. I cease to see the world around me and I lose myself in my need, my need for their to be only us.
This is not who I am.
This is a place I've never been.
This is a place where I do not understand how to navigate, which direction to go or where to find an island amidst the dark abyss.
Where is the balance? How do I absorb the feeling of wanting to be consumed by you yet still exist in the here and now?
How do you pull me so far from that which I have always been, will always be?
How have you alone caused me to see what my world lacks, and long for it with a hunger I never even knew I had.
Consume me. Let your fires wash over me so that there are only ashes left. Let me know nothing but you and all that you are.
Take all my strength, all my love, all my dreams, all my fantasies, all my sufferings, all my laughter and tears and joys.
Take it all.
For without you, I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...