Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Strong One

Yesterday, you introduced me as "the strong one".

You dear, you are the strong one. You are the one who has never let people forget how your beautiful son died. You are the one that held the people who contributed to his death responsible. You are the one who made sure laws were changed so that other children would be protected. You are the one who comforted me and helped me to carry on when I was crushed with the guilt, thinking something I had said could have made a difference in his life.


You are the one who now is sitting in a hospital room, watching your "better half" of 11 years slowly fade away. You are the one who still comforted me when we spoke of your son that was gone so many years ago. You are the one who is still smiling for others when inside you must be experiencing such great ache and agony. You are the one who is still clinging to God, even as you wonder if He's given you more then you can bear.

You, dear Pam, you are the strong one. I love you and I would do anything to take this away from you. (((((hugs))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...