Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Another for you.....

I don't think that I'll be writing to you much longer. In the past, when a relationship ended and I wanted to get over it, I'd just opt for a rebound. You know me, I'm honest to a fault so I was always very clear that I was doing just that, using whoever I was with in the moment to get over whomever I had recently split from.

This time, I'm not doing that.

This time I am going to stay single for a while. I am going to find out what I really want, instead of what society says I should have. I'm going to focus on ME which is something I've never done before.

Yet, for now, I'm writing to you. I"ll never show you this blog. I'll never give you these letters. This is how I am going to let go. This is what I am choosing to do in place of a rebound. You are the reason I created Splintered Crimson, yet Splintered Crimson will continue on long after I cease to think about you.

You were supposed to be here today. You promised the children you would be. They were quite crushed. Most people weren't able to make it. There was one family that came. Then, the rest were all your family. Your two brothers, your niece (who is absolutely adorable and spending the night with me tonight), your grandpa and your son. They all knew you were no longer here. Yet, they came anyway.

Your brothers and niece went with us to one of my favorite hiking places. Then, we came back and our kids played together. Your son was here late. I'm sure he had hoped you'd be here.

You're missing out on so much. These are times you'll never get back.

Is that needle really worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...