Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Banana Splits and Sleepovers

Today is the first day I've had all three of my kids home at the same time since getting stuck in the hospital. IT IS FANTABULOUSLY WONDERFUL HAVING THEM ALL HOME!!!!

My best friend brought her two children for a good ole sleepover. Truth be told, we all knew I couldn't handle a night with all three by myself. Right now, my best friend and one child are camped out in my bed room. I'm on the couch (which is pretty much where I've lived since getting released) and I have the other 5 kids on a big pallet on the floor. The two girls are singing lullabies to Pook. This, is bliss.

Life isn't always easy in our family. Well, it's never easy. You're not likely to meet a family as diverse as ours when it comes to health problems and special needs. Our house is messy, we never have enough money, there is always unfolded laundry, someone is either always in pain or having a meltdown, and we spend so much time between hospitals and doctor offices I have yet to understand why we don't have permanent rooms there.

Yet, we are held together by a strong bond of love. Many families get torn apart. Part of our family has been recently torn apart. Yet, there are four of us that are deeply twined together.....four of us that won't be torn apart. The reason is because we have something else intertwined with us. Something stronger then we could ever hope to be. Something that as we grow and change, and ever as the paths we walk upon lead us away from each other, it will consistently remain the same. Our bond is held together by the love of God. Through that love we are bound and forever will be.

Today was exhausting, painful, emotionally trying, and downright difficult. I couldn't have asked for a greater blessing.


PS.... Banana Splits with ALL the toppings for breakfast!!! What's a sleepover without ice cream for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...