Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Got To Shave My Legs !!!!

I've mentioned previously that with fibro, you have to find beauty in different places then before. Often, that beauty is found for you. 

Shaving my legs is a big deal for me. I have to carefully weigh the pros and cons of doing so. Will it require so much energy that afterward I won't be able to care for the children? Will it cause so much pain afterward that I won't be able to sleep? Do I have enough spoons left for the day to do so? (shaving legs takes about 3 spoons) 

Today I had a lot to consider. First, my legs were starting to look a lot like a man's. Although I could care less, we do live in a society that dictates that most women shave their legs. Second, tonight is our financial class and I needed to be able to make it there. Third, I still have to dress, dry my hair, and prepare dinner. 

Today has been a good day though. The head pain that has been plaguing me on and off for the last few weeks is today, just a nagging pain. I was able to stretch out alot of the knots I woke with this morning and figured a long period of time in a hot shower would work out the rest. Dinner is going to be easy tonight as it's BarBQ Chicken, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. Once my roommate gets home, he'll take over making sure the children are ready to go and all I will need to handle is getting myself out the door. Overall, it seemed like a good day to do it. 

*sigh......as I type the bottom finally let out and it's now pouring rain. Rain and I disagree. Cold and I disagree. Put them both together and we practically hate each other. We'll see how it goes. I'm off to start dinner. I usually try to start it 3 hours before it's time to eat since I now have to take so many breaks in between and it takes twice as long to do certain tasks. 

But you know....even if the rain gets me down, even if I miss the class tonight, even if I end up to exhausted or in to much pain to do anything...............



MY LEGS ARE CLEAN SHAVEN!!!! WHOO HOO!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...